There is no baked good that can replace the timeless charm of cookies. These delicious, baked circles are beloved by people all around the world. Every culture has a traditional version of them as well.
One of the best things about cookies is that they’re very versatile. Other than their usual base of flour, sugar, and butter, one can add a variety of unique ingredients and get a wonderful result every time.
Today we’re going to add in pumpkin and share a recipe of tasty old fashioned pumpkin cookies with you. Keep on reading to get all the details.
- Flour – 2.5 cups
- Pureed pumpkin – 1 cup
- Sugar – 1 cup
- Butter – 0.5 cup
- Baking Soda – 1 tsp.
- Baking powder – 1 tsp.
- Cinnamon – 1 tsp
- Salt – 0.5 tsp
- Egg – 1 no.
- Vanilla essence – 1 tsp
- Almonds – 0.5 cup
- Firstly, preheat your oven to 350F or 175C and line your baking tray with greased baking sheets. You can also grease your baking try directly with cooking spray or butter.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt to incorporate them well and keep it aside.
- Then, in a separate bowl, beat the sugar and butter together, until it’s a homogenous and smooth mixture. Then, pour in the pumpkin puree, egg, and vanilla extract. Combine all the ingredients properly.
- Now, add in your dry ingredients to the wet mixture slowly. Make sure to fold the concoction slowly to ensure that all the elements have combined well. Once you have incorporated them properly, pour dollops of the mix onto your baking tray.
- Place an almond on top of each cookie dollop. This is an optional step and you can choose to either put a different kind of topping or skip it altogether.
- Finally, place the tray into the oven and let bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the sides are firm. Then take the cookies out and let them rest on a wire rack till cooled.