Despite being one of the most well known online payment services, there is a lot of misconception and confusion regarding Paypal. If you didn’t know, Paypal is a payment system that allows one to receive or make payments all over the world to either friends and family or merchants.
Even though it is quite a user friendly, there are several service-related issues that one may face. One of them is regarding routing numbers mainly, how to get a PayPal routing and account number. But that isn’t straightforward. Keep reading for more in-depth knowledge.
Table of Contents
What is a Paypal account routing number?
Generally, basic PayPal accounts don’t have any routing numbers. There is only your email address, which one uses to log in or receive payment. However, you can get it if you are one of the members who have Paypal Credit, a Paypal Prepaid Card, or Paypal Extra Mastercard.
Holders of these services are allowed to have direct access to their accounts and hence have a routing number. There is not any way that you can get a fake routing number and account number for Paypal.
How to get a Paypal routing number?
If you’re a holder of the services mentioned above, I.e., PayPal Credit, Paypal Prepaid Card or Paypal Extra Mastercard, you can get your bank account number Paypal through the following steps.
- Log into the Paypal website. When you do, make sure that if you have a card, it is registered with your Paypal account. If it is not, then simply connect it to the account so that you can use your card in tandem with your Paypal account.
- Once you have logged in, go to the button that says “Add/Manage Money.”
- Now, the next page that you get there will be a heading “Direct Deposit.”
- Just click on that button, and you will get your routing details on the right side of the window that opens.
How to set up direct deposits using Paypal and accounting numbers?
For those having a Paypal Debit Card or a Credit card, Paypal gives those users access to direct deposit features.
A direct deposit feature is basically a handy addition that allows an individual to get paid directly into their PayPal account.
Steps to using your PayPal direct deposit account:
Using your PayPal direct deposit account is easy and there are only a few steps that you need to follow.
- First of all, head on over to the PayPal website and enter in your log-in details.
- Once you’re logged in, you’ll see the main page. On that very page, there is a gear icon of the top right-hand side. Click on that icon.
- Upon pressing that button, you’ll find a heading titled “Set up or view direct deposit”. Click on that title. Remember that you’ll see this heading ONLY if you have availed the direct deposit feature.
- When you press the above-mentioned heading, you’ll find all your PayPal direct deposit information which includes the routing number.
- The last thing that you have to do is copy that information down and fill them in your employer’s sheet. From then on, your employer can deposit your earnings directly into your PayPal account.
Compared to other methods, direct deposits through PayPal is a much faster way to receive your money. However, it does take some time for it to reflect in your account.
The PayPal direct deposit method is a quick and easy way to get all your payments. This includes not just your earnings and salary, but also government benefits whether its social security, pension, veteran’s benefits, etc.
There are no finicky steps involved. Setting up a direct deposit is very easy and anyone can do it. There are no hidden charges or fees for using this facility either. All in all, it’s a viable option for everyone who wants an easy and quick payment method.
Alex is fascinated with “understanding” people. It’s actually what drives everything he does. He believes in a thoughtful exploration of how you shape your thoughts, experience of the world.