Blogging is getting more people’s attention to earn and generate revenue from blogs. However, most of the people who start blogging end up frustrated when they fail to monetize their blogs.
If you want to start a blog to fulfill your writing passion and make money out of it, you have to make a strategy that works. You should, however, not only focus on “writing for passion” but wisely manage your blog to make money with your passion simultaneously.
Did you know that the blogging business is reaching a high with 31.7 billion bloggers? Subsequently, Blogging has become more competitive than ever, so I have compiled some important points for my readers. This blog intends to help bloggers make money from blogging. It incorporates some primary concerns like how to choose the right niche, generate traffic, and monetize your blog in the fastest possible timeframe.
Table of Contents
Start your Blog In a Few Easy Steps
Let’s start with choosing your blog niche. How to Choose Your Blog’s Niche? You probably have heard that go with your passion. That’s true, but that is a partial truth. There are people who write for years and couldn’t earn. So, they eventually quit.
You should make your strategy in a way that you start your blog, keeping in mind that you have to make it a business. To do so, choose your niche on the basis of keyword research, professional leverage, and audience revenue potential.
Consequently, when you are about to start a new blog, focus on your audience instead of you. Don’t ask that “what is my niche” but rather, your focus should be your audience and what are the pain points that you probably will solve.
Yes, you need to solve a pain point that a group of audience is concerned about and willing to spend money on so that you can make money from your blog.
Being a blogger, you should understand your readers’ concerns and challenges so that you can provide them what exactly they want.
You can do this best by looking at your needs. Evaluate yourself as a part of a group of audiences? What you think and want from a blog. Then verify those thoughts with your friends and circle. This is how you get the revenue potential of the audience.
Have a look at this chart, and understand your audience how much they’re willing to spend on certain subjects.
Let’s understand this with an example of an interior design blog. The subject of your blog will bring different readers from different areas, including the general public, design students, and even professional interior designers depending on the competence of your blog.
You would have to follow these steps to make money from your blog in this niche.
- Write content that attracts your audience.
- Build a home design lead content so that you can get e-mail opt-ins.
- You can earn by placing affiliate links in your blog to promote your home décor business. Make sure you advise people on the right thing. So that users do not get disappointed when they follow your advice. And, once you gain their trust, you will be getting more and more audience and eventually start making money with your blogs.
- If your content is competent enough in your niche, you can offer your audience a heavy online course on home décor and interior design.
This is a common approach successful bloggers use to make money, and in fact, there is no wrong in doing affiliate marketing as long as you suggest the right thing. By following this approach, you probably would start earning within a year or two.
To uncover the strategic benefits, answer these questions to yourself.
- What level of professional expertise do you offer?
- What are the connections that I have in the industry?
- Would I be able to leverage my professional experience in my blogs?
- If I start pitching any website to contribute a guest post, which one would be that, and who will choose me from the beginning?
A blog requires a combination of high-competition and medium-volume, low-competition keywords.
These are the tools that you can use for keyword research in your blog niche.
When you are done with your keyword research and defining your target audience, you need to know how to make use of your professional connections. If you know someone who runs a successful blog, ask them to advise you. And double-check that advice with Google and other resources you have not to get misguided.
After doing your keyword research, discovering a lucrative audience, and planning how to leverage your professional connections, it’s time to get to work.
Steps to create your Blog
Now, come towards some practical steps of making your blog.
- Set some simple goals for your blog. Write a few things to shine in your blog’s concept that resonates with your style and message. Remember to understand your audience.
- Pick a Domain Name. I recommend you not to choose a very specific domain name but to go for one that covers wide subjects and allows you to change your niche if needed. Don’t make your domain name too difficult to understand and remember.
- In the third step, choose a web hosting domain and get your domain name registered.
- Use WordPress as your blogging platform. It offers various free themes, plugins, and other ways for modification of your blog. From TechCrunch to TED, CNN, and Spotify, WordPress.com users span a broad range (Source: WordPress). WordPress is a user-friendly and strong blogging platform. Here you can have a look at the statistics of bloggers’ choice of blogging platforms.
- Pick ta a suitable theme for your blog.
- Now, you need to Install WordPress Plugins
- After installing plugins, optimize your site with Google SEO.
- And, the final step calls for creating content for Your Blog. Here’s how you do a blog. Keep regularly updating your blog site with the latest and on-demand topics and information in your selected niche. Soon, you will start generating revenue from your blog.
Zubair is a digital enthusiast who loves to write on various trends, including Tech, Software Development, AI, and Personal Development. He is a passionate blogger and loves to read and write. He currently works at Mobile app development companies that offer top-notch Mobile app development services to clients across the globe.
Alex is fascinated with “understanding” people. It’s actually what drives everything he does. He believes in a thoughtful exploration of how you shape your thoughts, experience of the world.