Indian literary scene has evolved over the last decade and there are many established and also new authors in many genres of literature and fiction that are popular in India. Women in India have written books for centuries but in the modern era, over the last decade there has been a revival for women authors as many publishing houses in India are publishing books that are written by female authors.
The following are some of the top books written by women authors in 2018:
Top Books of 2018 by Women in India
Notes for Healthy Kids – Rujuta Diwekar
· Rujuta Diwekar is a top fitness expert in India who has helped celebrities stay in shape and eat healthy food. Parents in India, like parents all over the world, worry about whether their children are getting healthy food and the right nutrition.
· Notes for Healthy Kids by Rujuta Diwekar is a book that debunks false advertisement about “nutritious’ food in India and also helps parents understand the concept of healthy food.
· The book explains the science of healthy food and also includes age-old time- tested tips that are given by Indian grandmothers that have worked well to keep children healthy in the past. It is a great fitness book especially for parents looking to get more knowledge about healthy food.
Girls Burn Brighter – Shobha Rao
· One of the best books of 2018 is Girls Burn Brighter by Shobha Rao. This female- centric book is about two Indian girls and their friendship with each other.
· This is a book about the bond between two girls, the thrilling journey of a girl to find her friend, and an interesting tale that showcases the patriarchal society and poverty in India.
· This feminist book explores relationships; it showcases a complex world in India and shows the readers how these girls survive the obstacles that come in their path. It is a critically acclaimed book and a great choice for readers looking for a fabulous read.
All the Lives We Never Lived- Arundhati Roy
· One of the best female writers in India that have won many global literary awards is Arundhati Roy. All The Lives We Never Lived explores many literary genres from family life to India’s independence movement and from Nazi Germany to interracial romance.
· This is a story about a man’s journey to understand his mother and stretches through many eras and describes history in a beautiful way.
Pyjamas are Forgiving – Twinkle Khanna
· Twinkle Khanna by her own admission was never a leading actress but today has become a leading author and columnist for a major newspaper in India.
· Pyjamas are Forgiving is a great book about middle-aged women in India. The story is a journey of a woman to be at peace with her and get a good night’s sleep at night. The book talks about love, marriage, infidelity, and divorce.
· It is a great book from the author who has become a leading writer in India over the last few years.
The above mentioned are some of the best books published in India by women in 2018 that have become very popular in the country.