Acne is a problem that many people face in their teenage and also in adulthood that can be painful, irritating and embarrassing. Acne also leaves behind acne scars which are a hindrance for beautiful smooth and clear skin. Reducing or removing these acne scars is important to look radiant with clear skin.
Some of the different types of acne scars include ice pick scars, rolling scars, boxcar scars, atrophic scars, hypertrophic scars and all different types of acne scars. Home remedies are the best way to reduce acne scars in a natural way.
The following are the home remedies to reduce acne scars:
Home Remedies to Reduce Acne Scars
· There are many natural Vitamin C home remedies that reduce acne scars. This includes orange peel powder, lemon juice, lemons, and other citrus fruits.
· Vitamin C has whitening and skin healing properties. It is an important element in collagen building which helps reduce blemishes and acne scars.
· Vitamin C supplements and also vitamin C in food also helps reduce the scars. There are many types of food items that have Vitamin C in them including citrus fruits, carrots, avocados, green leafy vegetables and even different types of cheeses.
Essential Oils & Butters
· Different types of natural oils with extracts and essences of natural ingredients are all beneficial in reducing acne scars. These include lavender oil, rose oil, apricot oil, and tea tree oil. These oils can be mixed with carrier oil and applied on the scars to reduce them in a gentle way.
· Using coconut oil to reduce acne scars is another great option. It is rich in omega fatty acids which moisturize the skin and also heal the scars and acne.
· Almond oil is rich in Vitamin E and also fatty acids. This oil also has healing properties and moisturizing properties which help in reducing acne scars.
· Shea butter is another great natural solution for reducing acne scars. It brightens the skin tone, and it has properties to eliminate scars and marks on the skin.
Onion, Garlic, and Turmeric
· Onion extracts can be applied in the scars to help reduce the acne scars in a natural way. Onions have anti-inflammatory properties and reduce redness of the skin around the scar which helps in the healing process. Bioflavonoids that are present in onions help in healing the scars and reducing their appearance in a few weeks.
· Rubbing crushed garlic cloves on the acne scars helps reduce acne scars in a natural way. Garlic has anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial and antioxidant properties which help in healing and soothing the acne scars.
· Turmeric has a great healing property and has been used to naturally heal scars, wounds and different skin conditions for decades. Applying turmeric powders with gram flour and lemon juice in a paste on the scars help heal these scars and reduce their appearance on this skin.
There are many home remedies that can be used to solve the problems of acne scars. Using these natural remedies is better than using chemical ridden store bought expensive creams that are harmful to the skin in the long run.
Alex is fascinated with “understanding” people. It’s actually what drives everything he does. He believes in a thoughtful exploration of how you shape your thoughts, experience of the world.