How To Recover Orphaned OST File?
Microsoft Outlook is the most preferred email client these days. This application is widely used by most of the organization to communicate with their employees. It is generally used for sending and receiving and storing emails.
In addition to, this application stores events, notes, calendar items, and generals. All the mailbox items are kept in OST aka (Offline storage table) file. But in some situations, the OST files turns into orphaned and become inaccessible.
So in order to access the mailbox items the user wants to recover orphaned OST file. Before proceeding to the solution part let us first understand about what is Orphaned OST file.
What is Orphaned OST file?
We know that OST file is the offline and local copy of the mailbox items stored on the Exchange server. Whenever the mailbox on the server is not available permanently then the Outlook OST files become corrupted.
Exchanger server binds the OST file to particular MAPI profile. So this OST file can only be accessed on the Outlook profile on which it was created.
Potential Reasons That Can Make OST File Orphaned
Here are the few reasons which can cause Orphaned OST file issue:
- Due to Virus attacks: Because of virus or malware attack on the OST file can damage the databases on the Exchange server. It can make the OST file inaccessible and orphaned.
- Accidental deletion of Exchange Mailbox: In case if the mailbox on the Exchange server on which the OST file was originally created is deleted or disabled by the server administrator then the OST file become orphaned.
- Abnormal or Improper shutdown: If the system gets abruptly shut down due to unexpected power failure when the exchange server is accessing the database, due to this reason the users OST file become orphaned. So to access the OST file items there is a need to know how to recover orphaned OST file.
- Storage Media Failure: In case if the hardware containing the Exchange database file gets crashed or there are some bad sectors available on the hard drive file. This will also be the reason for Exchange OST file orphaned issue.
Don’t Be Sad! Try This Solution to Recover Orphaned OST File
In case if your OST file is orphaned and you want to recover Orphaned OST file. Then the user can use OST Recovery software. This software can easily perform orphaned OST file recovery in a safe and secure way.
In addition to this, it can also recover the data from corrupted or inaccessible OST file. And allows the user to save the OST file data as PST / EML / MSG / Office 365 / HTML. This tool is developed is easy to use and user-friendly Graphic user interface so that technical and non-technical person can easily use this software with ease.
Step By Step Guide to Recover Orphaned OST File
- Download and Install the Software.
- Click on Add file button to add OST file.
- Browse the orphaned OST file.
- Select the Scan mode from a quick scan and advanced scan.
- Click on Add button to start the Scanning process.
- Now click on the Export button and select the file format.
- After, browse the location to save the desired file format.
There are various factors which make the OST file orphaned. In this article, we have discussed the reasons behind the OST file orphaned issue. So to recover the most crucial data the user can prefer OST recovery software. This can effortlessly recover emails, contacts, calendar etc that was present in the orphaned OST file.