Read this article to get aware of ways to convert Thunderbird emails to MS Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010 and previous versions by using the manual as well as software solutions. Let’s first discuss both these email clients and the requirements behind Thunderbird to Outlook conversion.
Table of Contents
Introduction – Thunderbird and Outlook
Mozilla Thunderbird – Thunderbird is an open source email client that includes several themes and extensions. It is a light-weight application and stores all emails in MBOX format. It is a desktop-based client available for Windows, Mac, and Linux users.
MS Outlook – Outlook is another popular email client for Windows desktop users that manage all emails, contacts, notes, calendars, journals etc. in PST format. It is supported by Mac and Windows users. It manages all database and secure user data from predators.
When a user left Thunderbird client and moves to Outlook. At that time, Thunderbird files to Outlook conversion is needed because without this, a user can’t access old data of Thunderbird in MS Outlook client.
Requirements for Thunderbird to MS Outlook Migration
There are several reasons with the users to choose MS Outlook client & to convert Thunderbird data in Outlook –
- MS Outlook is a user-friendly email client with powerful spam filters.
- Email scheduling is allowed in Outlook application.
- Outlook is well-supported in mobile devices.
- Outlook makes easy organization of folders or messages.
- Outlook offers one-stop email. You can use several accounts using different protocols.
- Outlook offers the facility to access the database when you are not connected to Exchange Server.
Solution to export Thunderbird to PST in easy steps
There are multiple solutions available that allow Thunderbird MBOX files to PST Conversion. You can find the ways below –
- Drag and drop method
- Through IMAP
- Automated solution – MBOX to PST Converter Tool
Let us discuss the methods one by one with their pros and cons.
1.Drag and Drop method – It seems to be a simple method by which Thunderbird emails are dragged and dropped into EML format and after that, EML files are imported in MS Outlook.
Yet the solution seems to be simple but may corrupt the files. If worked well, it is a good solution but generally, it doesn’t work safely.
2. Through IMAP – This is a solution generally useful for technical users where a Gmail account is configured through IMAP in Thunderbird and Thunderbird files are moved in it. Then, configure the same Gmail account in Outlook application.
It is one of the smooth solutions only for technical users as various technical functions are associated with this method. Additionally, this method takes a lot of time to move Thunderbird data to Outlook.
3. Third-party tool:
The software works quickly without data loss and without technical skills but it works only with Windows OS.
Simple working with Thunderbird to MS Outlook Converter
In the very beginning, download MBOX to PST Converter tool and launch it on your system. After that follow the steps –
- Add MBOX file or automatically add Thunderbird files.
- Choose Convert to PST option to move Thunderbird files to Outlook.
- Set an output destination to save the conversion results.
- Click on the Convert Now option.
With these simplified steps, you will get PST file whom you can easily import in MS Outlook 2019/2016/2010/2007/2003 etc.
Why choose Softaken MBOX to PST Conversion Tool?
Here are the reasons due to which Thunderbird to PST Converter tool should be used –
- Simple software to handle with easy interface.
- Only 4 simple steps quick working.
- No need to have technical skills with the users.
- Work with all size PST files without problems.
- Support all MS Outlook versions.
- Work comfortably on all Windows editions.
- Well-examined tool to provide quality results.
- Options to save results in new or existing PST file.
- User-defined output location to save the results.
- Show Preview of all loaded files before finalizing conversion.
- Mass conversion of MBOX files at a time.
- 24*7 customer handling team to assist users.
- Free trial version available to understand the software before purchasing.
- No changes to the original file and the formatting.
You will get several methods with this article to export Thunderbird files to Outlook. But professionals recommend a third-party solution as it is safe to use and causes no harm to the files during and after the conversion process. The users can clear their doubts about this software with a free version that will help them in deciding the software suitability for them.
Alex is fascinated with “understanding” people. It’s actually what drives everything he does. He believes in a thoughtful exploration of how you shape your thoughts, experience of the world.