Gift cards are always fun, and obviously, something you would like to get the most out of. Let’s talk about the amazon gift card for instance, Amazon.com provides gift cards to shop products and apparels in their application or website. It is quite useful and can be redeemed from the Amazon web page if you follow the instructions given below:
- Click the option ‘Redeem your gift card’ in Your Account.
- Click ‘Redeem a gift card or the promotion code’ before clicking the ‘Buy now’ option.
Once your gift card has been claimed to Your Account, the balance will automatically be used to pay for your purchases. But let’s consider a fact that we want to transfer the fund somewhere else, most of us get clueless when it comes to transferring the funds from one place to the other. Yes, we are talking about the times when you want, or need to transfer amazon gift card balance to PayPal account, that too without any hassle!
Can you transfer an amazon gift card to PayPal?
Well, it is possible to transfer an Amazon gift card to your PayPal account using some of the most common steps. However, you need to make sure that you are using the right medium to transfer the gift card to eliminate the possibilities of fraud or failed transactions.
As far as prepaid gift cards are concerned, most of them are sold by companies dealing with credit cards. They are great gifts, no doubt. As a user, you can use the balance to put or transfer to any other account like PayPal. However, adding your gift card balance to your PayPal account can be a good idea if you are a user of PayPal.
So, if you are looking forward to knowing about how to transfer amazon gift card to PayPal accounts, here are a few steps that you can follow!
Before you proceed with transferring your Amazon gift card to your PayPal account, it is important to take note of the things that you will need to transfer the gift card balance.
- You will need a PayPal account that is linked to your bank account. Doing so can easily transfer the balance to your bank account.
- You need another PayPal account to open and match with the Amazon gift card name, just in case it is still not linked with the Amazon gift card.
- Make sure that your primary PayPal account is directly linked with your bank account to enable swift money transfer.
Follow the given steps to transfer amazon gift card to PayPal account in no time.
- Firstly, you need to login to your main PayPal account through the mobile application or website, as per your preference.
- Once you have logged in successfully into your PayPal account, create or request an invoice and send the same to your second PayPal account which is already linked to Amazon gift card.
- Once the invoice transfer is done, log in to the other PayPal account and use the link gift card to make the payment.
- Check through the notifications if the money is received in your main PayPal account.
- Once the money is received, you can proceed with the cash withdrawal from your bank account.
Using a third party medium
This method is pretty much similar to the previous method. Here too, you will need two accounts to transfer the balance – the third party account setup that you are using, and your PayPal account. However, here you’ll have to link the gift card to your main account of the third party medium you are using.
- Login to your account and go to the settings section and search for the payment methods to add your gift card details.
- The other account can be any of your friends or relatives, you have mutual consent with.
- Transfer the amount to the secondary account of your acquaintance.
- Make sure that the second account holder has the bank account linked to the account on the third-party platform.
- Ask the second account holder to confirm if the amount has been transferred. Once the transaction is successful, the amount can be easily withdrawn on your behalf.
Adding your Amazon gift card balance to an existing PayPal account can be a matter of a few simple steps that can get your transfer done, within a fraction of minutes. All you need to do is have a sound understanding of which method would work for you, and which won’t.
However, the procedures for both the methods are quite different but it completely depends upon what you are most comfortable with. So, always go with the method that sounds credible to you, and help you in transferring your valuable fund from the gift card to your PayPal account!