Google Chromecast enables you to stream content from your smartphone or computer onto your TV screen. The device is powered by a Micro-B USB input. However, you will need strong Wi-Fi and cable connections like Cox bundles to smoothly run the Chromecast.
Chromecast is programmed to remember one Wi-Fi network at any given time. This means that you will have to reset your Chromecast device whenever you decide to switch to a different network. But don’t worry. The process isn’t as complicated as it sounds. Follow these steps to change the Wi-Fi network on Chromecast:
How to Change Wi-Fi Network on Chromecast
Switch on your TV and select the Google Home app on your screen. Select your Wi-Fi device, then click on the gear icon appearing on the top-right corner of your screen. Tap the Wi-Fi option, followed by Forget This Network. The step-by-step guide is given below.
- Start your TV
- Turn on your Chromecast device (a light will be visible on the device after you start it)
- Go to the Google Home app (If you don’t have it, you can download the app from either Apple Store or Google Play for free)
- Select the Chromecast on your device (the Chromecast will carry the name given to it by you during the setup process)
- Tap the gear icon (this will appear on the top-right corner of your TV screen)
- Tap the Wi-Fi option
- Tap Forget This Network
Note: Your smartphone or another gadget should be connected to the same network as your Chromecast device. In case you are unable to connect to the same network, you will have to do it manually. Here’s how to manually reset the Chromecast device:
How to Manually Reset Chromecast
The Chromecast device carries a rest button. You will find this button on the right side of your device. Press and hold it down, then plug out and plug in the USB power cable to your device. You will find the step-by-step process below.
Press the Reset Button
To manually reset your Chromecast, you’ll need to press and hold down the rest button. You’ll find the reset button next to the micro-USB port in your device. You will need to hold the button down till the color of the LED light turns from flashy orange to white. First-generation Chromecast users, on the other hand, will find the reset button at the back of their device. Follow the same pressing technique until the flashing LED light goes blank.
Plug out the USB Power Cable
You’ll need to wait for some time after disconnecting the USB power cable.
Plugin the USB Power Cable
Your device will restore itself to factory settings. Your Chromecast is reset. Now it’s time to set up the device. You can set up your Chromecast device in a few easy steps.
How to Set Up Chromecast
You will need to set up your Chromecast device to run it on a new Wi-Fi network. To set up the Chromecast device:
- Go to the Google Home app on your smartphone
- Select the + sign appearing on the top-left corner of your smartphone screen
- Tap the Set Up Device option
- Tap the Set Up New Devices option
- You can choose to create a home network
- Let the app discover the device
- Tap Next
- Your app will connect to the device
- Your device will seek confirmation regarding a code
- The code will appear on your TV and mobile app
- Select Yes to confirm the code
- Keep following the instructions on your TV screen
- You will come across a page with the title Connect to Wi-Fi
- You will be required to choose your new Wi-Fi network
- Enter the Wi-Fi password if the instructions call for it
- Your device will automatically connect to the new Wi-Fi network
- Tap continue when you read “Linking your Chromecast” on your TV screen
- Tap the X icon to start using your Chromecast device
The Chromecast technology provides an amazing streaming experience. It is part of the Android TV ecosystem. Google recently introduced an update to Chromecast. The new update enables users to stream audio via the Chromecast app studio all the while playing Android TV. The new Chromecast features allow you to send voice commands through Google Assistant.
Moreover, if you use Chromecast with Google TV, you’ll get a Google Assistant button on the Google TV remote. This means that sending instructions will be much easier. In all, it is a great tool with tons of exceptional features.
Alex is fascinated with “understanding” people. It’s actually what drives everything he does. He believes in a thoughtful exploration of how you shape your thoughts, experience of the world.