It may seem almost next to impossible to always keep your carpet free from putty. The whole process of cleaning silly putty out of carpet depends upon the consistency and timing. Jumping at the next step and the required tools is never a good idea. But before discussing how to get putty out of carpet, make sure you have these things to prepare beforehand.
- Rubbing alcohol
- Spray bottles
- Cotton balls
- Soft cloth or towels
How do you get putty out of carpet?
The very first thing you need to do to get putty out of your carpet is to scrape off as many putties as possible. Follow the given steps to know how to remove silly putty from carpet easily!
- Use a dull knife for the removal process. Do not forget to scrap the big junk and remove the smaller ones later.
- Dip a cotton ball into rubbing alcohol and blot the surface with leftover putty using this cotton ball. Let it settle for a minute or two.
- Scrub the area using a clean cloth, but be careful with your motion, as a back and forth movement may push putty deeper into the particular carpet area. You may prefer using a circular motion.
- Prepare alcohol cotton and repeat the blotting process as many times as possible. Make sure to continue the repetition until all silly putty get removed from your carpet.
- Make a damp clean cloth and wipe the area. Dry the area using another clean cloth.
- Let your carpet get dry once it absorbs the liquid. Apply gentle pressure to regulate moisture absorption.
Getting the silly putty out of a carpet is not an easy task once it gets worse. Make sure to follow the process thoroughly, or else you miss upon all the chances of getting your carpet cleaned and getting the same beauty all over again!