Facebook is a social media platform that is used by millions of people around the world. It was started by Mark Zuckerberg in 2005 and is one of the most popular applications used for socializing online. Facebook is full of fun games and other entertainment that can keep you engaged for long hours. You can also post photos and videos of yourself, your friends, and your family. These act as good memories down the line for you that pop up on Facebook through the memory feature, taking you back to the time those media were uploaded.
Although most of our media uploaded on Facebook serve as good memories, there can also be times when they convert to unpleasant memories. In these situations, you want to permanently delete those uploads from your account. That is why this article will teach you everything there is to know about how to delete videos in Facebook.
Before we begin, let us see the possible scenarios where you would want to delete a post from your account:
- That media holds unpleasant memories for you.
- You accidentally uploaded the post.
- You are not friends with or in contact with the person tagged in the photo or video or present in the picture or video.
- Your attitude or perception has changed towards the post.
These are some possible reasons behind your intention to delete the media. So, we will look at how to delete any post from Facebook.
How to delete videos on Facebook?
Let us begin with how to delete videos on Facebook. The steps are simple. Hence you will be refined following them. But remember that once you have deleted the video, you cannot undo it.
- Go to your profile and then click on videos.
- Look for the video you want to delete and click on the edit icon.
- Select the option that says ‘delete the video.’
- Press delete to confirm.
In just four steps, you could delete videos on Facebook you wished to successfully. As mentioned above, this process cannot be reversed, and you can only watch that video again on Facebook if you decide to upload it.
How to delete photos on Facebook?
Our following guide is on how we can delete pictures from Facebook. Just like videos, this process cannot be undone, and you will have to upload them either again if you wish to see them on Facebook.
- Go to the photos section on your profile.
- Select the photo from your uploads that you want to delete.
- Click on the more options button represented by three dots.
- Click ‘delete photo.’
- Confirm delete.
If the photo you want deleted is posted by another person, you can ask them to do the same. But remember that you can only delete the media you posted on your profile.
How to delete a comment on Facebook?
If you think your comment is unsuitable or want to delete it, follow the instructions. It is a straightforward process. Moreover, instead of deleting the comment, you can edit it according to your needs.
- Click on the three dots beside your comment.
- Select delete
- Confirm delete
- Click on the three dots beside your comment.
- Select edit
- Edit your comment, and press the enter key when satisfied, and the changes will be saved.
How to delete messages or chats on Facebook?
This is similar to the steps of the other features, except you need to go to a different Facebook messenger app.
- Open the messenger app.
- Select the chat whose message you want to delete.
- Select the specific text and press for more than a second.
- The trash bin icon appears on top; click on it to delete the text permanently.
Again, this must be done. So think twice before deleting the messages.
How to delete your Facebook account permanently?
Sometimes due to distraction from studies or just plain disinterest, we want to delete our Facebook account. If you are planning to return to your account, it will be better to deactivate rather than delete it. Let us check how to delete your Facebook account permanently or deactivate it for a definite period.
Deleting Facebook account:
- Go to the help option on your profile
- Type ‘how to delete account permanently
- Then you will be shown a link, and by clicking on the link, you will be directed to the account deletion page.
- Click on delete account
- Give your password and click continue.
It is better to download all your information from Facebook if there is any critical content. Facebook also allows you to cancel your deletion of account in case you change your mind. It is because Facebook takes ninety days to delete the account. So within thirty days, you can undo this step.
But if you are unsure about deleting your Facebook account, then deactivate it. To do this:
- Go to settings and then the privacy
- Select your Facebook information
- Click on deactivation or deletion
- Select deactivate account and press continue.
Facebook will deactivate your account temporarily. You can always come back to using it by just entering your logging details. Facebook is a place where you can meet new friends or connect with old friends. You can also stay connected to your family if you live somewhere else. That is why Facebook has helped many people socialize and make meaningful relationships.
You can also post media of yourself or any special event, making it a memory stored forever on your profile. There are many fun features and entertaining games that will keep you engaged. However, make sure to use Facebook safely and securely since there can be severe cyberbullying and cybercrime. That is why it is crucial to keep your attitude towards social media moderate and healthy.
Alex is fascinated with “understanding” people. It’s actually what drives everything he does. He believes in a thoughtful exploration of how you shape your thoughts, experience of the world.