A pallet is nothing but a flat structure which is used for transportation of goods. They are primarily used for those goods that are being lifted by a pallet jack, forklift, front loader, a crane or a jacking device. There are different types of pallets available in the market. These days, they have become an indispensable element when it comes to the industrial sector and the shipping industry. They are used to provide a solid base to the items which are being stored in the container. In case of export pallets, their qualities are much better, and they are quite expensive too.
What Are The Different Types Of Pallets?
These pallets can be handled from all four sides using a forklift. They are made of plastic, wood and even plywood. Usually, they comprise 4 to 12 wooden posts which are cylindrical in shape in order to stabilize the deck boards. These pallets are available without or with bottom boards and are available in different types of configurations. In this design, both parallel and perpendicular stringers are used to enhance the handling efficiency.
There are two different categories of stringer pallets available in the market, they are as:
- Two-way Stringer Pallets: It is so named because of the boards which are running between the bottom and the top deck boards which are used for supporting the load of the pallet. In these types of pallets, a fork can be entered from 2 sides and they are mainly used for transporting heavy materials.
- Four-way Stringer Pallets: These pallets are quite similar to that of the two-way ones but can be accessed from all 4 sides. When it comes to export pallets, they are the most common ones.
Double Face Pallets
These pallets can be either reversible or non-reversible:
- Reversible Pallets: These pallets can be flipped, and items can be stacked on both sides.
- Non Reversible Pallets: These pallets are mainly used when it comes to handling planks which are more densely packed and also for packing and storing.
Solid Deck Pallet
The surface of these pallets contains one big sheet of wood and has no space. When it comes to aesthetic appeals, these pallets are considered to be very popular and they are quite easy to maintain and clean.
What Are The Benefits Of Using Pallets?
Pallets are primarily used when it comes to the shipping of goods. There are various benefits which can be deprived of them and that is the reason why they have become so popular. Here are some of the reasons for using pallets.
- Portability: This is one of the main reasons for using pallets in the shipping sector. Many small pallets can be combined together in order to create a solid base which can be used to store different types of goods. Even these pallets do not require much storage space and you can easily stack such pallets in your warehouse.
- Strength: The pallets are quite strong and durable, and they offer strength to the consignment. Wooden export pallets are very useful in transporting heavy items. In the case of export pallets, you must choose some quality wooden pallets only because most of the customs departments allow wooden pallets only.
- Size and Weight: This is one of the benefits these pallets have to offer. They are very manageable in terms of their size and weight. They are lightweight, durable, and moisture resistant.
Pallets are made of materials that can be easily recycled. Wood, plywood, plastic and other materials can be reused for different other purposes. Now you can easily search such export pallets online and you must check their quality before buying.
Alex is fascinated with “understanding” people. It’s actually what drives everything he does. He believes in a thoughtful exploration of how you shape your thoughts, experience of the world.