Cleanliness is next to godliness – this is a quote we have often heard while growing up. Keeping our surroundings clean is as essential as cleaning ourselves. Whether you are moving in a new house or moving out of your old house or simply doing the routine clean-up before any major festivities, it is essential to get the cleaning done right and for that, you would need cleaning servicesbe it individual or through any company.
You might wonder why we need professional hiring when we can clean our houses ourselves, well getting your home cleaned is not a luxury but a necessity as the professionals are well equipped to reach every nook and cranny giving you a spick and span house making a lasting impression on your guests.
If you are going to hire professional aid, you need to consider whether you will want individual cleaning services, or you would go for a company providing the services. Both options come with their set of advantages and disadvantages.
While hiring individual help means more cost-effective work and more work under your supervision and guidance, but if the person fails to turn up for their job for a day (due to an emergency) then you will have to wait or work on your own.
This problem does not arise when you hire a company as they will make sure that a substitute cleaner is sent so that work does not stop, and they do work on flexible timings, but the costs are more.
References go a long way. Be it from family and friends or be it from the internet, gather all the names and information you can get. Make a list and compare the pros and cons of each service and then settle for the one that fits your needs the most.
There are a few points to remember when choosing the right individual or cleaning services company is concerned and you need to ask a few questions too to the shortlisted persons. This is done best via individual emails as over the phone might lead to miscommunications.
Tip to remember when hiring cleaning services:
- The cost of the entire cleaning spree is essential and foremost. While many companies and every individual cleaner charge on the hour basis and the initial inspection is counted separately, many companies chart the total amount based on the project and the number of employees they will be sending.
- Here, the amount is not estimation but a fixed price as each service has a fixed price so be sure that the cleaning services you are signing up forgive you the exact amount. Make sure you discuss the essential works and the hours the person or persons will be working to cut out a few unwanted costs.
- When hiring a company service, make sure that the company does a thorough background check of each and every employee. This is a bonus when hiring a company over hiring an individual, you can be sure of the identity of the people who will be visiting every corner of your abode. You can ask to see copies of the legal check of the workers of the company and the company will also be able to ensure if the same person will be overseeing the work in your house and in case of any changes, they will notify you.
- Enquire if the professional cleaning services have insurance and bonds and if their business is licensed. This will mean that they will be able to carry out the cleaning of items that will require special care and also, they will be liable for any damages during their tenure. Request copies of the same. Also, make sure that the company has their workers compensation which will make sure that in case of injury on the job, you are not liable to pay the medical expenses.
- Ask if the company will be bringing their own cleaning supplies or whether you have to provide them. This means you have to keep a keen eye on the bill. While most cleaning supplies are found in your house, there are a few which needs to be carried by them. You can make the distinction known beforehand.
- Lastly, always get a written agreement before finalizing the deal.
It is important to choose a cleaning service that is professional, resourceful and trustworthy. Ensure they have a certified license and insurance, before signing the deal and always keep a written agreement of estimated amount agreed upon, to avoid arguments later.