Steel and aluminium are used for various purposes. The reason why these are popular is because they are easy to fabricate. You can give some structural shapes to aluminium, and can make some aluminium c channels. C channels are also known as C-beam or C section. There are different types of channels available made from aluminium, such as aluminium U channels, J channels and hot channels. C-channels are having a thickness of .003” to .005”, and these channels are similar to aluminium U and J channels. These are used as railing posts, covers, trim, and tracks.
Table of Contents
What Are The Benefits Of Aluminium C Channels?
- There are two types of channels or beams in the market, which are made from aluminium, such as I-beam. I-beams are hard to fabricate. It is difficult to adjust such beams during their fabrication process because these beams have two parallel faces, and you need to add angle to their flanges.
On the other part, aluminium c channels have three flat surfaces and you can easily mount such channels for fabrication. Again, the geometry designs of such C-channels are not rigid as I-beams, and you do not need to use brackets or angles for such C-channels. You can save your cost and time.
- Someone who is interested in the manufacturing of such channels are in the right track. Since construction is a field that is always profitable the manufacturing of these channels are also beneficial. These channels creation requires less labour work. Also the stock will always be free from any rust or other damages and can be sold out even after a long time from the manufacturing date.
- Structural channels are lightweight and easy to install. These channels are heat resistant and durable. People can use such C-channels for framing their walls and ceiling, and they can use these channels to join their ceiling. Also, such C-channels have an open section like tubes, and you can easily clean these channels in a normal way.
- These C-channels are corrosion resistant, and you can easily fabricate such channels according to your needs. These channels are designed with three flat surfaces, and you can easily install them in your foundation. If you install such channels on your ceiling or walls, these channels can accumulate some moisture over time, and you can clean these channels to remove such moisture. There is no chance of rust or corrosion of these channels. Additionally, you can use such aluminium c channels for window and door frames.
- People can choose such C-channels or I-beams for their construction project. But I-beams are hard to install because these beams are heavyweight, and you cannot find any open section in these beams. On the other part, you can easily install such C-channels in your construction project, and you can maintain such channels on regular basis. Plus, aluminium c channels are available in different sizes and thickness, and you can choose the best one according to your needs.
Applications Of Aluminium C Channels
- You can use such channels for various purposes, and you can design some brackets, claddings, covers, frames, girts, support beams, holders, joints, posts, rails, slides, tracks, and cable trays with these C-channels.
- These aluminium c channels are widely used in construction, solar and agricultural industry. You need to use some channels to hide the cables and you can use such C-channels to cover your cables.
- Apart from that, you can use these channels to build the frame of your gate or main entrance, and you can design your outdoor fences with these channels. Plus, solar mounting system and panel support channels are also made from aluminium.
Aluminium is stronger than ceramics, plastics, and polymers. Plus, aluminium is corrosion and rust resistant, and these aluminium c channels can last for years. Aluminium is preferred over iron even when iron is stronger. So, you can save your construction cost and time by choosing such C-channels, and you can fabricate such channels according to your needs. Make sure, you must check their strength and thickness before you buy.