In a perfect world, every homeowner has ample time to sell their home, buy a new home, and slowly and methodically transition from one home to another. However, that fairytale scenario is not always the case for homeowners. Oftentimes a home sale needs to come quickly and without much hassle. If you are in the sticky situation of needing a quick home sale you may be wondering how or if it is even possible to sell quickly. If you live in Berkeley, California and need to quickly sell your home there are multiple options available to you.
Table of Contents
Why sell for cash?
The number one reason to sell your Berkeley, California home for cash is speed. It generally takes around 56 days to sell a home on the market in Berkeley. If you are in a hurry to move, waiting for your house to sell might not be feasible. But, the quick seven to 10 days to close with a home buying company might be a better alternative.
In addition to a quicker sale time, working with a home buying company is much more convenient than a traditional home sale. Selling with a real estate agent consists of prepping your home for listing by decluttering, deep cleaning, and staging. It also consists of listing, marketing, opening up for showings, negotiations, and finally closing. All of these tasks are time consuming. But selling your home for cash requires very little effort on your part.
How does the process of selling your home for cash work?
Generally, the process of selling your house for cash looks something like this:
- You request an all-cash offer. While the specifics of the initial request may vary based on which home buying company you choose to work with, there will generally be questions based on your house and property. This step can be done completely online and takes very little time.
- An initial offer is made. The company will typically make a preliminary offer shortly after your request has been submitted. This offer should be considered just an initial offer and subject to change.
- A firm offer is made. After the company has completed their research on your property and has possibly done a walk-through, a firm offer will be made. Generally a firm offer is made 24 hours after the walk-through.
Why sell your Berkeley, California home for cash?
Some homeowners have the time, financial means, and patience to sell their home traditionally. However, that is not the case for everyone. If you are in one of the following situations selling your home for cash might be the best option for you:
- The home has significant repair issues such as foundation and roof repairs
- You need cash quickly
- You need to move ASAP due to divorce, medical need, financial strain, job relocations, or other family or life change
- You lack the funds or desire to make repairs necessary to sell your home
- You don’t have the time or desire to deal with the stress, work, or issues of prepping, selling, negotiating, and selling your home
- You need the privacy to sell your home quietly off-market
- You are facing foreclosure
- You are living out of state and need the benefit of a quick and easy sale
If you are pressed for time and need the certainty of a quick sale, you should consider using a home buying company in Berkeley, California. With less hassle and no repairs needed, you can focus on other aspects of your life and steer clear of the stress of selling. In order to successfully sell your home for cash you should first vet the home buying companies in the Berkley area and make it a point to get a home value estimate. With a quick cash sale you can use the finances to purchase a new home.
Alex is fascinated with “understanding” people. It’s actually what drives everything he does. He believes in a thoughtful exploration of how you shape your thoughts, experience of the world.