You may experience various errors and issues while working on QuickBooks Desktop. Such errors and issues can stop you from accessing your QuickBooks company file or even the application, hindering your workflow. In this post, we have compiled some common QuickBooks errors and issues, and the methods to fix them.
List of Common QuickBooks Issues
Following are some common errors and issues that can trouble you while working on QuickBooks:
- Unable to update QuickBooks
- Installation issues
- QuickBooks 6000 series errors
- Company file issues
- QuickBooks is running slowly
- QuickBooks is not responding
- QuickBooks is crashing
- Error H202
- Error 6123
- Unable to create a backup of the company file
Reasons why Issues or Errors in QuickBooks Occur
QuickBooks can throw errors due to numerous reasons. Some possible reasons are listed below:
- The QuickBooks company file is corrupted.
- Your QuickBooks version is not updated.
- The important QuickBooks-related files are missing.
- Issues with the network when accessing company files on the network.
How to Troubleshoot QuickBooks Issues and Errors?
You can try the below methods to fix the common QuickBooks issues.
1. Restart your QuickBooks
If you are facing issues, such as QuickBooks not responding, QuickBooks is freezing, or QuickBooks is taking time to open, the first thing you can do is close all other programs and restart your QuickBooks. Restarting the application can sometimes fix such issues.
2. Fix Installation Issues
You may face errors, such as QB error 1603, when trying to install QuickBooks. In such a case, check whether your system is meeting the minimum requirements to install the QuickBooks version you’re installing. Every year Intuit releases new QuickBooks versions with enhancements and new system specifications to download each edition.
3. Turn off Hosting on Workstations
If you’re encountering issues when trying to access the company files across the network, then check the Hosting settings on your workstations. You can turn off the hosting by following the below steps:
- Open QuickBooks on one of the workstations (system connected to the network).
- Without opening your company file, locate File and then click Utilities.
- If Host Multi-User Access option is available without selecting it, proceed to next system.
- If the Stop Hosting Multi-user Access tab displays, then select it.
Repeat the above steps on each workstation until the issue is fixed.
4. Run the QuickBooks Tool Hub
If you are getting H2 series errors, 6000 series errors, or company file-related errors, then you can download the QuickBooks Tool Hub. This tool comes with multiple utilities, including QuickBooks File Doctor, Quick Fix my File, etc. that can help you fix common QuickBooks issues, that occurred due to damaged company files or program files, installation issues, and PDF and print-related issues.
Here’s how to run the QuickBooks Tool Hub:
- First, close your QuickBooks.
- Then, download and install the advanced version of QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Once the installation completes, double-click on its icon to launch the tool.
Now you can use multiple tools to diagnose and fix common QuickBooks problems. If you are getting errors due to an issue with the Company file, then run QuickBooks File Doctor:
- From the tool hub dashboard, click Company File Issues.
- Click Run QuickBooks File Doctor.
- Choose the affected company file using the dropdown menu in the QuickBooks File Doctor.
- Click Check your file and then click on the Continue button.
- The QuickBooks admin password page will open asking you for the login credentials.
- Enter the login credentials and then click Next.
What if QuickBooks File Doctor fails to fix the problems?
Sometimes, the QuickBooks Tool Hub fails to respond or fix the issue. In such a case, you can take the help of a third-party QuickBooks repair software, such as Stellar Repair for QuickBooks to repair the corrupt company file. It is the best option when the native tools fail to repair the corrupted QuickBooks files. It is an advanced tool that helps you fix common QuickBooks errors that occurred due to corruption in the company file.
This post discussed some common QuickBooks issues and the fixes to resolve them. However, if there are errors due to damaged or corrupt company files, then try to repair the company file using the QuickBooks File Doctor tool. If it doesn’t work, then use an advanced QuickBooks repair software, such as Stellar Repair for QuickBooks.
Alex is fascinated with “understanding” people. It’s actually what drives everything he does. He believes in a thoughtful exploration of how you shape your thoughts, experience of the world.